1.9 Qualifications for Practitioners

Consistent with the Roles and Responsibilities table above, recommended qualifications include:

Mechanical engineer:

  • Registered Professional Engineer in BC with specific mechanical insulation knowledge and experience.

Mechanical insulation contractors, installers and tradespersons – options include:

  • Accreditation as a Heat and Frost Insulator (Red Seal program).
  • Membership in BC Insulation Contractors Association.


  • Certificate for mechanical insulation inspection from a recognized Quality Assurance program.